Tiny Township area is still very much a bilingual (French and English) area of Ontario, and is one of 25 municipalities in Ontario designated for bilingual government services under the French Language Services Act.
The township's fire protection services are provided by the Township of Tiny Fire and Emergency Services.
The Baldwin Act of 1850 established the Corporation of the United Townships of Tiny and Tay.
In 1868, the townships were separated through a Simcoe County by-law.
In 1636, Jesuit missionary Jean de Brebeuf observed and wrote about The Huron Feast of the Dead which occurred at the Huron-Wendat village of Ossossane which was located in what is now Tiny Township.
The township was named in 1822 after a pet dog of Lady Sarah Maitland (1792–1873), wife of Sir Peregrine Maitland, Lieutenant Governor of Upper Canada.
Two other adjoining townships were also named for her pet dogs, Tay and Flos (now Springwater Township).
Humans have occupied the area now known as Tiny Township for at least 11 000 years.
We also serve orthodox, adventist, Catholic singles and other Christian singles groups.
care about every member, which is why 101 is the only clean, safe and cheapest free Christian dating site - 99% scammer free!